We carry out bike repairs and servicing in Huddersfield for all brands and types of bike…
At Wheelspin Cycles we offer a comprehensive cycle repair service. We have the most experienced mechanics in the area with the best equipped workshop. We can tackle all jobs from restoration of classics to maintenance of the latest hi-tech parts.
When you bring your bike to us we will give you a free estimate for repair, which means you will know straight away which parts if any may require replacement, how long it may take and how much you should expect to pay. We treat each bike individually, but please see below for our standardised servicing costs.
Home Collection and Delivery – £20
If you can’t get to us, we can come to you. We understand that it is sometimes difficult for people to transport their own bikes or get to us during our opening hours. We have a fully insured collection and delivery service. We can come to your home or any other local location at a pre-arranged time, convenient to you, including evenings. We cover all HD postcodes, some HX and some BD. The £20 fee includes one collection and one delivery to the same location. Please call to book.
Drive Clean and Service – £35
This service will restore your drive components and make them look like new. It will extend the life of your drive considerably. We remove front and rear derailleurs, chain, cassette and chainset from the bike. We then wash them with our Smartwasher system to get rid of all the oil and grime, refit them to the bike and tune them up perfectly.
Silver Service – £50
This service will ensure your bike is in a safe and road worthy condition. For the average user this service should be carried out at least once a year to ensure their bike is kept in good shape.
- We adjust brakes and gears
- Lubricate chain and gear mechanisms
- Adjust wheel, bottom bracket and headset bearings
- Check tyre pressures
- True wheels
- Tighten all nuts and bolts
- Replace any consumable items if needed (brake pads, gear wires etc.)
- Report any other current or potential problems you may have
Gold Service – £65
- This is basically a combination of our Silver Service and a Drive Clean and Service
- By combining the two services you save £20 and ensure your bike is working great and has lovely, clean drive components ensuring longer life
Platinum Service – £125
This service will ensure that your bike comes out of the shop working like new. It includes everything in our Gold service with the addition that;
- The bike is completely stripped down to it’s constituent parts
- All the bearings (including wheels, headset, bottom bracket and pedals) are stripped out, cleaned and re-greased.
- All the bike frame and components are cleaned using our Smartwasher system
- Wheels are trued and re-tensioned
- The bike is rebuilt and setup like new
Our wheel builder has a reputation for quality and precision whether you need a re-true and tension or a complete new wheel package building for a special purpose.
- Re-truing from £15.00
- New Builds – £25 per wheel (NB. no labour is charged on wheel builds where we are supplying all the parts).
Shimano Di2 Electronic Shifting
We offer all aspects of service and repair on Shimano Ultegra, Dura Ace, XTR and XT Di2 electronic drive parts including diagnostics and software updates.
Suspension Forks & Rear Shocks
We service and set-up all major brands of suspension forks and rear shocks and are authorised dealers for Fox, RockShox, Manitou and Marzocchi. If your shocks are a little sticky or you need advice on tuning please call in and see one our experienced shock experts.
Please note – all prices are labour only, any necessary parts are additional. A quote including parts can be supplied on inspection of your bike.